What is a DEC Assessment?
All public buildings with a total useful floor area greater than 250m² are obligated to have a Display Energy Certificate (DEC) and advisory report. DECs are required to provide information about how energy efficient a public building is.
Want to find out how we can save you time and money?Complete our enquiry form for a quote.
It states an energy rating from A-G and is based on the performance potential of the building (fabrics) and its services (heating, ventilation, lighting). The DEC comes with a recommendation report demonstrating how the energy performance can be enhanced.
Public Display Energy Certificates can only be produced by an accredited Energy Assessor and should be displayed no smaller than A3 in a prominent place clearly visible to members of the public. Fines can be issued for failing to display a DEC and failing to have a valid advisory report.
DECs and Advisory Reports Validity Periods:
- Over 1000m2 Must be renewed every 12 Months
- 250-999m2 Must be renewed every 10 years
Our DEC Assessment ProcessSite Visit Validate and process 12 months utility invoices which have been supplied by the client Gather and input data into the government approved ‘ORCalc’ software in order to generate and lodge a compliant DEC certificate and report.
Why Choose C80 Solutions For Your DEC Assessment?
- We are able to improve energy efficiency by implementing recommendations within the Advisory Report. We aim to exceed minimum requirements and offer useful recommendations from the Advisory Report that applies to your site
- We will ease the burden associated with acquiring a DEC, so you have more time to concentrate on your business
- We will provide you with peace of mind and reassurance that your compliance is in safe hands
- We can help you to become more energy efficient which can lower consumption, reduce emissions and save you money.
We Can Help you...
We will reduce your build costs by adopting the ‘Fabric First’ philosophy to remove the need for expensive renewable technologies. We carry out a complimentary specification review on every single project to see where we can reduce your costs.
All our compliance services come with a 100% pass guarantee. We will never charge you for assessments that don’t pass. We will always provide free guidance to achieve a pass in the cheapest way possible.
We operate a common sense approach to building compliance. Our team comes from a background in volume house building, Architecture and Engineering. We understand all the time, cost and hassle constraints involved in construction.
We can provide a 24 hour turnaround on services when required. Also, we will produce your new build EPCs on the same day as receiving the air test result.
SAM LYSIAK, TECHNICAL CO-ORDINATOR, KIER
Contact us about DEC Assessment
Reduce your risk, save time and money. Get in touch to see how we can make your next project easier.