What is BREEAM?
BREEAM is the world’s leading sustainability assessment method for planning projects, infrastructure and buildings. The BREEAM Assessment process evaluates the procurement, design, construction and operation of a development against targets that are based on performance benchmarks. Developments are then rated and certified on a scale of Pass, Good, Very Good, Excellent and Outstanding.
Want to find out how we can save you time and money?Complete our enquiry form for a quote.
What is BREEAM In-Use?
BREEAM In-Use is an online international environmental assessment methodology for independent, third-party assessment and certification of the building’s operational performance. The standard enables property investors, owners, managers and occupiers to drive sustainable improvements through operational efficiency, including how to continually manage the operation of their building effectively.
BREEAM assesses buildings against the following categories:
- Health & Wellbeing
- Land Use & Ecology
BREEAM Assessment Process
During the assessment process, each category is subdivided into a range of issues which promotes the use of new benchmarks, aims and targets.
When a target is reached, credits are awarded, then once the development has been fully assessed, depending upon the total number of credits awarded, a final performance rating is achieved.
BREEAM In Use ProcessThe standard is broken into two parts, each looking at different aspects of the building:
- Part One – Asset Performance: the performance of the asset’s built form, construction, fixtures, fittings and installed services
- Part Two – Building Management: the operations and management of the asset.
Why Choose C80 Solutions for BREEAM?
- Having a wealth of experience in the residential and commercial sectors of the construction energy industry, we are in the best position to be able to offer a variety of energy solutions in a professional, reliable and cost effective manner
- Our professional, helpful and approachable team of consultants are highly experienced in their field and always on hand to offer advice and invaluable assistance throughout what is a highly crucial time in any construction development
- Our BREEAM Assessors have a wide range of experience within the industry, successfully assisting an array of organisations through to large corporate developers – we have experience in dealing with projects of varying sizes which has proven invaluable to our clients and has given them the confidence to continue dealing with us on an ongoing and long term basis
- Our straightforward and no-nonsense approach to dealing with all projects is seen as a breath of fresh air by many of our clients as we are able to help them understand the procedures in more depth as well as being able to speed up these often lengthy procedures by being at the height of our game and putting our clients first, often ensuring a reduced hassle, timely and cost saving experience
We Can Help you...
We will reduce your build costs by adopting the ‘Fabric First’ philosophy to remove the need for expensive renewable technologies. We carry out a complimentary specification review on every single project to see where we can reduce your costs.
All our compliance services come with a 100% pass guarantee. We will never charge you for assessments that don’t pass. We will always provide free guidance to achieve a pass in the cheapest way possible.
We operate a common sense approach to building compliance. Our team comes from a background in volume house building, Architecture and Engineering. We understand all the time, cost and hassle constraints involved in construction.
We can provide a 24 hour turnaround on services when required. Also, we will produce your new build EPCs on the same day as receiving the air test result.
SAM LYSIAK, TECHNICAL CO-ORDINATOR, KIER
Contact us about BREEAM
Reduce your risk, save time and money. Get in touch to see how we can make your next project easier.